Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Double Page Stages


This shows three stages of the production of my double page spread. I chose a suitable image that would fit well for a double page photo and then decided my layout of the heading and text based on the image. I decided to follow issues of Metal Hammer where they tend to use a lot of writing on their double page spreads rather than Kerrang that do not use as much text. The placement of my artist in the picture worked well because it gave me a lot of free space to fill with articles. I chose to use a white text because the main colour of my image is black with a grey background, so the white fits well with the colours and stands out well from the page. I have used drop capitals to start my article because I saw this used commonly during my research in various different magazines. The column layout was also the most common layout of text. To finish off my double page spread, I am going to add a competition entry in the free space at the bottom of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment