Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Magazine Cover


This image shows four stages of my magazine cover. I started off by choosing my photo from the pictures that I had taken. When I had chosen the picture that I was going to use for my cover, I looked back at my research to help me decide what I was going to do to manipulate the image to suit the chosen genre.I found a magazine cover that was in black and white with a secondary colour for the information, I decided to take ideas from it and use the style idea on my own cover. I started off by changing my image to black and white and then adding my masthead. I have created a house style by using a secondary colour to highlight cover stories. I used this to attract attention to the articles and so that the cover appears more bold and attractive.
On the cover I have advertised free items and also a competition entry, I did this because I noticed it during my research that companies use this as a selling point to try and get more people interested in buying the magazine by offering things that the audience can get involved with. I have also used a company's logo on my magazine cover because it attracts attention of the people that are aware of the company instantly and will make more people look at the magazine.
I have also made my main image overlap the masthead, this is a common thing on the cover of music magazines so I have decided to use the idea myself to make the magazine look more professional and to make it look more like a magazine.                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment